The Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.6 (OCP) designed for individuals who hold an active awareness of the abilities, devices, and issues associated with writing applications including MySQL database server. There is an enhanced focus on speed and schema as well as security, replication, and optimization. The MySQL application development portion of the exam now requires knowledge across a pervasive set of fields, including utilizing MySQL with Java, php.net, and others. The exam includes concepts such as architecture, creation, and design of MySQL topics, general syntax, creation, design, and use of MySQL stored programs, questioning for and modifying data, joins sub queries and Unions, application development and basic optimization. Up-to-date practice and track experience recommended.
Earning these certifications requires passing these exams: MySQL 5.6 Developer (1Z0-882) and MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator (1Z0-883). These exams are now available for registration through Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide. Although there is no required training for this certification, the MySQL for Developers program is extremely recommended to help assure success on the certification exam. This course explains you the knowledge, skills, tools, and problems associated with writing applications with the MySQL database server. It makes the core of the MySQL Developer learning path. You will perform lab work with Java and PHP, connecting to MySQL databases and executing queries and stored routines.
Required Skills for Oracle MySQL 5.6 Certifications:
If an individual wants to become Oracle MySQL 5.6 Certified he/she must need skill set before appearing certification exam.
- MySQL 5
- MySQL Server
- Performing database backups
- Setting up replication and Security
- Protecting MySQL Databases
- Performance Tuning
Market Value of Oracle MySQL 5.6 Certifications:
- For those candidates without prior knowledge, certifications will support explain to your employers that you have the knowledge and skills required for job roles that need the understanding of MySQL products. Certification is not a guarantee that you will get the Job, the certification will only increase your possibilities of getting the job.
- For those candidates with experience, the certification will expand your resume and chances are; there will be something new that you will learn.
Preparation Tips for Oracle MySQL 5.6 Certifications:
- Hands on from experience linked with good source materials will improve your chances of clearing exams.
- Practice on how to install MySQL and see how it runs.
- Practice solving the questions in the certification practice questions and get them precariously as if it's the actual exam that you are solving.
- When practicing the study guide, paraphrasing is useful. See relevant sections such as; Definitions, Examples, Commands, Best Practices, etc. Rewrite them in your terms. That will improve your understanding of the underlying concepts much better.
- The MySQL reference manual found at the link is also a valuable reference resource.